Aldborough Hatch Riding School, Fairlop:
- Today visited the Little Owl's for the 3rd night this week, and saw two of them out, and hunting and maybe one Juvenile, since the other owl was calling a lot, and alarming especially because of a wondering fox, the time we went was between 8:30pm and 9:30pm which seem perfect at this time of year.
- Also there might be Green woodpeckers nesting as we constantly saw two of them flying in and out of the same tree.
- Counted 30+ Swifts (Alex Blackman)
- Mallard with 3 ducklingson Horse Pond (TLachhar)
Roding Valley Nature Reserve: (just outside the borough)
- Whitethroats (several), Reed Warbler
- Song Thrush, Blackbird,
- Carrion Crow,
- Mute Swans (2), Great-created Grebe on nest & one on the water,
- Coot on nest & coots on the water,
- Canada Geese (no goslings),
- House Sparrows, Starlings, lots of juvenile Pied Wagtails,
- Little Egret flying over the main lake, and then along the river in a flypast!!
- Green Woodpeckers, hybrid Mallard, Tufted Ducks and Pochard. (Emma Charles)