- April 11th 2010 - 1 female at Fairlop Gravel Works
- April 2008, 1 female seen in a Redbridge garden
- 18th October 2007, 1 at Fairlop Waters
- 14th January 2004, 1 at Fairlop Waters
- Black Redstarts are reported as having been present (but less than five times) at Hainault Forest pre 2003 by the late Mr. Mike Dennis
- In the 1997 edition of Domonic Mitchells 'where to watch birds in London area', Black Redstarts are listed as being a scarce migrant visitor to Fairlop Waters
- Dennis Eccleson reports his third garden sighting in April 2008, the other sightings were sometime previous to this (near Redbridge Roundabout).