- August 16th 2010, 1 at Five Oaks Lane, Chigwell
- March 1st 2010, 1 at Five Oaks Lane, Chigwell
- February 24th 2009, 1 at Fairlop Gravel Works, hunting.
- November 2008, 2 at Fairlop Riding School (Aldborough)
- October 2008, 1 at Fairlop
- November 5th 2007, 1 at Fairlop Waters.
- There were a long time breeding pair on Hainault Farm, 1 bird died in 2005, and the remaining bird lived alone on site until December 2009, when it was found dead.
- The foreman at Fairlop Quarry reports that Barn Owls regularly perched on their sign posts at dusk as they were locking up, for several years until late December 2009
- Hainault Forest - Barn Owls are reported as being a former breeding bird.
- In the 1997 edition of Dominic Mitchells 'Where to watch birds in the London area', it states that there have been a 'handful' of sightings of Barn Owl at Farilop Waters.