RLPs are thought to breed in the farmland around Hainault Forest and Fairlop, although sightings are few and far between these days. The last known sighting was autumn 2008
- 19th July 2009, 1 in Roding Valley Park, Woodford Bridge
- 31st October 2008, Fairlop Gravel Works
- 16th March 2006, 2 on Wanstead Flats
- 14th September 2004, 3 at Fairlop Waters
- 21st May 2004, 2 at Farilop Waters
- In the 1997 edition of Dominic Mitchells 'Where to watch birds in the London area', it states that around 6 pairs of Red Legged Partridge were breeding in the Fairlop Area at that time.
- The same book also indicates that Red Legged Partridges can be seen in nearby Hainault Forest (surrounding farmland)