- garden sightings:
- 3 Swallows seen at 7.50am flying just over tree top level along back gardens.
- 1 Chiffchaff seen at 7.56am on neighbour's tree singing very briefly and inour garden before flying away.
- 1 Sparrowhawk seen at 8.32am flying over head between Shere road & Roll Gardens surveying area.
- 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker ( daily visitor)
- 1 Jay over followed in a line by magpie & crow, 1 Jackdaw over calling shortly afterwards.Plus the usuals. (AThomas)
Roding Valley Park, South Woodford:
- The Kestrel again -still there a week on. I saw it three or four times in various places along the river. Hopefully it will stay. I think there may be two but not 100% sure. I've attached a couple of pics (to follow)
- A cormorant (over)
- Two Jays, Flock of mixed tits (long tailed, blue and great)
- The usual mallards/crows/magpies/woodpigeons
- & a small brown bird in the reeds but couldn't tell what it was (PGordon)
- 3 Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe
- Cormorant, Grey Heron
- 4 Egyptian Geese, Pochard (GWare)
- Wryneck still east of Alexandra Lake to 6:30pm at least, showing well at times (many observers);
- Redstart east of Long Wood at 7:20am (J Lethbridge);
- First bird on my list this morning was a Chiffchaff by Angel Pond, migration by stealth - it'll be in France in time for the olympics (10+ others), Whitethroat, Blackcap, Lesser Whitethroat,
- Wheatear (on toy plane field and later when toy plane players came middle of broom field), 2 Stonechat (thanks to Paul Ferris for the heads up on that little gem), Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, 50+ Mipit over, around, everywhere, 3 Pied Wagtail, 6 Swallow (North and West),
- new influx of Reed Bunting on the SSSI (5+),
- Goldfinch, 8 + Chaffinch, Greenfinch, 6+ Skylark, 2 Grey Heron, 2+ Coal Tit (east of Alex), Long Tailed Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, House Sparrow (east of Alex which had people looking at it through scopes, myself included), Collared Dove, 2 pr Shoveler, Gadwall, 1 Lee Evans (NCroft)
- Spotted Flycatcher (Sally Hammond)
- 19 Ring Necked Parakeet over the Plain (KHartnett)