Fairlop Gravel Works:
- 3 Cormorant and 3 Grey Heron on the south side,
- 60+ Teal (mostly north side), 18 Pochard, c10 Tufted Duck, plus 1 mother with 6 ducklings still, few Gadwall and Shoveler, still 5 families of Little Grebe although some young seem to have dispersed.
- c100 Lapwing, 5 Green Sandpiper, 1 Common Sandpiper
- 26+ Meadow Pipit flying round in the rain, and stopping to feed, until i flushed them again and again! (with a family of Pied Wagtails)
- 2 Linnet.... rained off after this.
- 8 Tufted Duck on the fish pond
- quite a few Jackdaws chattering in the treetops, (probably more than 10) (DEH)
- 12 Meadow Pipit, 2 Yellow Wagtails over,
- Whitethroat, 2 Blackcap, 6+ Chiffchaff,
- Reed Bunting (J Lethbridge)
- (06:00-11:00): Whinchat (Broom Fields), Wheatear (NE end of Long Wood), 6 Mistle Thrush,
- north-westward movement of House Martin this time c.500+ in groups of c.50 and one large group of over 300 with some Swallow (separately 1 flock of 19 and a trickle of others), as for the rest I see your Kestrel, raise you one Meadow Pipit (13), Whitethroat (Alex scrub, JL's LW or SSSI), 9+ Chiffchaff, Blackcap (Alex Scrub), Skylark,
- 3 Sparrowhawk, 5 Collared Dove, 2 Stock Dove, 8 Greenfinch, 3 Chaffinch, 1 f Tufted Duck, 1 Shoveler, 4 Gadwall (Alex), 1 Teal west, Little Grebe, 27 Ring Necked Parakeet (13 in one flock) (Nick Croft)