September 04, 2010

September 4th 2010


Fairlop Waters CP:
  • Black Necked Grebe still present at 2pm
  • Yellow Wagtail over (Paul Hawkins)
  • 2 Spotted Flycatcher
  • 2 Whinchat
  • 3 House Martin, 2 Swallow
  • Wigeon eclipse
  • Tufted Duck with 4 chicks
  • Willow Warbler, ChiffChaff
  • 2 Kestrel
  • plus the usual including 50 Collared Doves on the farm barns (Neil Twyford)

Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:

  • House Martin (AThomas)

South Woodford, garden:

  • A female Sparrowhawk hunting low over my garden this morning just before 10am. I was torn between running inside to get my camera or staying outside and getting good views, so no pictures I'm afraid!
  • 5pm - A few moments ago I went out to look at a group of magpies who were hanging around and a Sparrowhawk (presumably the same one from earlier) leapt off the roof of my house and flew over me across the gardens, followed by a magpie. I have just re-arranged the feeders and there are a lot of sparrows around and I guess the hawk has caught on! (PGordon)

Wanstead Flats:

  • Buzzard over (via London birders)

No comments: