- Black Necked Grebe
- Wheatear (Alan Bell)
- Goldcrest with a flock of blue Tits at 7am (NTwyford)
Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- 1 Chiffchaff - seen & heard calling in garden at 9.58am then hiding in shrubs before flying away.
- 1 Male Sparrowhawk - seen at 10.25am which killed a greenfinch and took prey to neighbours tree plucking it's feathers.
- 50-100+ Swallows & House Martins - Two individual groups over then a mixed group of both species plus individuals flying past from Cranbrook road north in direction of Clayhall Park /Roding valley area throughout the day.
- another Sparrowhawk - seen at 12.44pm being mobbed by single crow over.
- 1 Hobby - Seen at 1.00pm over seen heading over towards Valentines Park.
- 1 Pied Wagtail seen & heard over calling at 13.07pm.
- 1 Grey Wagtail - seen at 1.54pm in garden pond flittering around for acouple of minutes before flying away...Ps tried to get a picture but only managed a shot of the pond as it didn't stay still - drat! Plus usual array of garden birds in total 16 species. (AThomas)
Hainault Forest CP:
- Sparrowhawk hunting over the woodland
- 2 Green Woodpecker
- 22 Meadow Pipit on the grassland, 8 Swallows there too (NVincent/TLachhar)
Roding Valley Park, central:
- Kestrel (AHobson)
- (06:00-11:30): 6 Whinchat (2 scrub by Alex, 4 broomfield),
- c.1000+ Swallow (North along a broad front cover the width of the flats, kicking off around 09:00 and still ongoing when I left, the number represents an estimate of those passing over where I walked, along the whole area this could easily be multiplied several times), 100+ House Martin (likewise with the Swallow mainly north some birds kettling),
- 2 Yellow-legged Gull, 40+ Lesser Black Backed Gull, 1 Great Black Backed Gull, 20+ Herring Gull, 100+ Black Headed Gull (all the large interesting ones soon scarpered ones the dog walkers started to arrive - they're just big gull's blouses),
- 38 Meadow Pipit (4 south over Alex, 16 SSSI, 20 broom field), 3 Yellow Wagtail (south), Pied Wagatail, 6 Skylark,
- 16 Chiffchaff, 7 Blackcap, 1 Willow Warbler, 1+Lesser Whitethroat,
- 8 Green Woodpecker, 3 Great Spotted Woodpecker, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker (on southern edge of flats by Golden Fleece),
- 15+ Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Robin, Blackbird, 3 Collared Dove, 7 Cormorant, 10 Gadwall, 1 Shoveler, Tufted Duck, Mallarad, Mute Swan, C. Goose, 16 Ring Necked Parakeet, 2 Little Grebe, 3 Chaffinch, Greenfinch, 3 Goldfinch,
- Hobby (not surprisingly chasing Swallow over Bush Wood), Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and the usuals (52 sp, Nick Croft)