Broadmead Estate, Woodford Green:
- Jay (not seen one here before)
- Goldfinch flying round frantically calling, seemingly looking for his potna (DEH)
Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Coal tit - Still present this am all week thus far.
Sparrowhawk - Male seen by Tajinder at 3.24pm failed attempt at catching ablue tit. (AThomas)
- Sparrowhawk overhead being chased by a crow
- 2 jackdaws
- several parties of longtailed tits (or the same party of 5/6 following me around). They seemed to be everywhere.
- 10-12 goldfinches very active
- 2 great spotted woodpeckers, 1 quarrelling with mistle thrush
- 3 mistle thrush
- green woodpecker
- a brownish warbler (chiffchaff?) feeding in the treetops with the tits. (Barbara J)
- 28+ Siskin (flock of 25+ west), 11+ Reed Bunting (flock of 6+ west), 20 Chaffinch, 16 Greenfinch, 7 Goldfinch, 2 Lesser Redpoll, 6 Linnet (south), Tree Pipit (one was also seen on Monday), 25+ Meadow Pipit, 2 Pied Wagtail, 18+ Skylark, 140 + Starling (west), 3 Redwing, 30 Fieldfare, 8 Mistle Thrush, 4 Song Thrush, 4 Coal Tit (2 by Alex, 2 woodland south end of Centre Road, 20 Long-tailed Tit, 7 Goldcrest, 3 GS Woodpecker, 6 Green Woodpecker, 23 Ring Necked Parakeet, Kestrel, 22 Jackdaw (off to the park + many more in with the gulls), Mallard (duck-disappointment) (NC)