Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Coal Tit still feeding in the garden (AThomas)
- 26 Black Headed Gulls,
- 4 Pied Wagtails (TLachhar)
Roding Valley Park, Central:
- Green Woodpecker, flock of Long-tailed Tits, plus at least 25 Mallards on one little stretch of the river by the road bridge [I have never seen so many Mallards on one stretch of the Roding in the decade I have been here].
- Redbridge Lakes: Grey Heron, 2 Pied Wagtails, and at least 6 Moorhens and 3 Coots (not a bad rate of colonisation given that the lakes weren't even there two years ago).
- Playing Fields: 2 Pied Wagtails, Song Thrush (ALan Hobson)
South Woodford, Garden:
- 1 Great spotted woodpecker - first since January!
- 1 Collared dove 3 Woodpigeon
- c. 10 house sparrows
- 1 Robin, 2 Great tit, 2 Blue tit, c. 15 starlings on nearby houses, 2 Carrion Crows and two very fat squirrels who have demolished the peanut feeder. (PGordon)
- Valentino the Mediterranean Gull showing well in the afternoon (PHopkins)
Wanstead, Wanstead High Road:
- 10 Ring Necked Parakeet over at 8.30 (PHopkins)
- October 18th: Wanstead Flats (07:00-11:30) visible migrationmostly north/north west:
- Lapland Bunting (NE),
- 200 + Chaffinch,19+ Greenfinch, 6 Siskin, 4 Lesser Redpoll, 10 Linnet, 14 Goldfinch, 7+ Brambling,
- Reed Bunting,
- 20+ Skylark, 20 + Meadow Pipit, 12 Pied Wagtail, 4 Grey Wagtail,
- 3 Fieldfare, Redwing, 2 Song Thrush, 20+ Blackbird, 15+ Mistle Thrush,
- Chiffchaff, 4 Goldcrest,
- 2 Swallow (south-east),
- 10 Ring Necked Parakeet, 3 Gadwall (south), 2 Shoveler, Pochard, Stock Dove, Collared Dove, c.200 Wood Pigeon, Kestrel, 2 Sparrowhawk etc (51sp NC/Sally Hammond).