- Little Owl calling from near Aldborough Hatch Riding School,
- 4 Little Grebe, c30 Teal, 10 Pochard, 10 Tufted Duck, few Mallard, Coot & Moorhen,
- 27 Lapwing, 2 Green Sandpiper, 6 Snipe (3 each side of Painters Road),
- 6 Pheasant (5m and 1f),
- Also: Stock Dove, 4 Cormorant, Grey Heron, 6 Meadow Pipit, c10 Pied Wagtail, Grey Wagtail, c30 Linnet, Reed Bunting calling, flock of about 15 Long Tailed Tit with 2 Chaffinch tagging along, 2 Jackdaws with the Carrion Crows, Green Woodpecker.
- flock of 18 Linnet near the car park (main entrance) (DEH)
Five Oaks Lane Scrubland:
- 2 Firecrest singing and feeding in the hawthorn wood, (for rough directions please email me).
- Little Owl in his usual day roost near the stables at the south end.
- 3 Stock Dove (over east), 11 Jackdaw (over), Great Spotted Woodpecker,
- 7 Meadow Pipit (east field), 3 Stonechat (1 male in the circle field, 2 juveniles in the east field on a bush no further away from me than 3 or 4m, i actually had to move further away to get focuses in teh binoculars!), 2 Skylark (over),
- 21 Redwing feeding on the berries (i expect there were many more, i counted those that were flushed from the bishes nearest the paths as i walked by). 3+ Goldcrest in a tit flock, 1 Chaffinch, 2 Goldfinch, 3 Reed Bunting.
Gants Hill, R0ll Gardens:
- Great Spotted Woodpecker,
- Coal Tit (present for most of the day),
- 1 female Sparrowhawk surveying the area 10am,
- 2 Mute Swan over (possibly landed in Gearies School,
- Also: 5 Chaffinch, 5 Goldfinch, 17 Greenfinch, 14 House Sparrow, 10 Blue Tit, 4 Great Tit, 4 Starling, Robin, female Blackbird, Magpie, Woodpigeon, 14 Feral Pigeons (AThomas)
Roding Valley Park, Central:
- Kingfisher, Jay (Alan Hobson/Janet Parkin)
- Black-headed gulls (lots), Common gulls (at least 6 on boating lake, 1 on fish lake), Lesser black-backed gull (1 on fish lake), Mediterranean Gull,
- Canada geese, Egyptian geese (3 on fish lake), Hybrid greylag (fish lake), Cormorants (2 - boating lake), Great crested grebe (3 - boating lake), Little grebe (3 - boating lake), Grey heron (1 - boating lake), Mallards, Tufted duck, Shoveler (1 - fish lake), Coots, Moorhens,
- Carrion crows, magpies, starlings, wood pigeons, feral pigeons, Robin (1 seen - lots of others heard), Blue tit, Great tit, Wren, Pied wagtail (2), Mistle thrush (Madeleine Sevoir)
- (07:30-10:00): Brambling, Siskin (S Fisher), Yellowhammer (over south - SF/NC - yay patch tick) 11 Lesser Redpoll, 20+ Greenfinch, 11 Chaffinch, Linnet, 2 Reed Bunting, 4 Goldfinch, 42 + Fieldfare (flock going west), Redwing, Song Thrush, a number of migrant Blackbird, many Robin, 20+ Mistle Thrush, 20+ Meadow Pipit, 5 Pied Wagtail, Grey Wagtail, Chiffchaff, male Blackcap, Goldcrest, 20+ Skylark, f Shoveler, f Teal, Little Grebe, Green & Great Spotted Woodpecker, 5 House Sparrow, 2 Large flocks of Long Tailed Tit, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and t'others (SF/NC)
- c 10+ Goldcrest, 2 Chiffchaff, Kingfisher (heronry), 2 Sparrowhawk, 3 Siskin, 1 Reed Bunting, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, 20 Fieldfare (north), Redwing, Mistle Thrush, 3 Song Thrush, 3 Grey Heron, 57 Gadwall (all ornamental waters), 33 Tufted Duck, 1 m Teal, 2 Shoveler, 25 Pochard (heronry), 5 + Little Grebe, 4 large flock Long Tailed Tit, Skylark (south over plain), and some others (SF/NC)
- 50+ Redwing over (Tony Brown)