Fairlop Waters CP:
- Mute Swan family have left the nest (lagoon), but couldnt locate...
- 2 Little Grebe and Mallard with 2 ducklings (lagoon)
- 200 Swift and 2 House Martin over the boating lake
- just fledged Whitethroat...
- male Reed Bunting (DEH)
Five Oaks Lane Scrubland:
- 4 Cuckoos (3 noisy and busy males, and 1 female)
- Kestrel hovering...
- Green Woodpecker
- 2 Pheasent (heard)
- 2 Chiffchaff, 5 Willow Warbler, 2 Blackcap, 8 Whitethroat (less then the other day, but i didnt do the whole site) Garden Warbler singing (and seen)
- 4 Song Thrush, 3 Blackbird, 2 Wren
- 3 Great Tit, Blue Tit, family of at least 8 Long Tailed Tit
- 6 Linnet
- 2 Jay
- singing Goldcrest near Five Oaks Lane
- 6 Yellowhammer (6 singing males) (DEH)
Roding Valley Park, north:
- Little Egret on the river, just north of Chigwell Road in Woodford Bridge at 6.50am
- (still present at 4.35pm) (DEH)
- Mute Swan family doing very well
- As well as the extra pair on the Long Water, we now have a Cob on the Fish Pond.
- No sign of the Egyptians, but recently I last saw the male on his own, and today I noticed some new down caught on the edge of the nest hole. Possibly trying for a secong brood?
- 2 male, 1 female Pochard. on Boating Lake. No sign of any romance though.
- Live G S Woodpecker nest found, or tree doing baby woodpecker impressions. (PHopkins)
- singing Lesser Whitethroat in old sewage works, along with hunting male Sparrowhawk, Green Woodpecker, plenty of Whitethroats etc.
- 2 Great Crested Grebes on Perch
- Grey Heron in The Dell
- singing Willow Warbler on The Plain
- Little Grebe still sitting on nest on Heronry; 2 other Little Grebes on the lake
- 12 Malland ducklings on Heronry and Shoulder of Mutton
- singing Reed Warbler by Shoulder of Mutton (Tim Harris)
- Excellent views of male Lesser Spotted Woodpecker visiting the nest hole over a dozen times. Hurrah! (AHobson)