Aldersbrook, Empress Avenue:
- 3 Ring Necked Parakeet in the garden (Sally Hammond)
Loxford, Loxford Lane:
- 4 Swifts
- Mute Swan, Canada Geese, 2 Greylag Geese,
- Mallards, c20 Tufted Duck, 2 male Pochard
- Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe
- Pied Wagtail
- c150 Feral Pigeon
- loads of fledged Starlings
- Jackdaw (over) (PGordon)
- BLUE TIT NEWS: Fledged...But nowhere to be seen! The parent is hanging around a fair bit and looking for the chick. Hopefully it will turn up at some point...
- 3 Grey Heron chicks and parent present!
- Egyptian Goose being a bit violent...
- 2 Meadow Pipit collecting food and diving down into the long grass, presumabley to feed young (THarris)
- Wanstead Flats (07:30-11:00): Carrion Crow (c.90 on the flats west of Alex, c.100 evicted birds by Jubilee pond); 3 Pied Wagtail, 14 Cormorant, 11 Lesser Black-Backed Gull (2 imm), 5 House Martin, c. 6 Sand Martin (Jubilee Pond), 3 Swallow, 5 Little Grebe (2 chicks on Alex), Great Crested Grebe (first for a long time), 2 imm Common Gull, 1 imm Herring Gull, 1 Ring Necked Parakeet, Stock Dove, Whitethroat, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Blackbird etc. (Nick Croft)
- Reed Warbler singing in the reeds at Shoulder of Mutton Pond (JLethbridge)
- flock of 10 Ring Necked Parakeets over in the evening (SHammond)
- Red Kite (over) (KM)