Fairlop Waters CP:
- 2 x Wheatear (inspecting log piles)
- 1 x Common Tern (main lake)
- 1 x Lapwing
- c10 Swift over main lake
- of the "regulars"
- 1 x Little Owl (oak by Equestrian Centre)
- 2 x Reed Buntings (m)
- Linnets - several sightings of small groups
- Whitethroats (c10 in song) Blackcaps (2 in song) Willow Warbler (2 in song)
- Canada Geese now have a nursery of c 15 goslings
- Hobby moving SE over central ilford at 5.15pm (Mike Condon)
- Unfortunately, one of the young Egyptian Geese has disappeared. It was last seen at 5pm yesterday. (PGordon)
Wanstead Flats and Park:
- c100 Swift, 33 Sand Martin (The Basin),
- Swallow, f Whinchat, 4 f Wheatear, Sparrowhawk (S Fisher)
- Tonight in wanstead park:
- Pair of Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers
- Either an albino pigeon or an escapee dove - didn't get a good fix on it but has anyone else reported a pure white 'dove' in the park?
- Swift, Ring Necked Parakeets
- Willow warbler, Jackdaws,
- In addition to the usuals...coots, crested grebe, canada geese, moorhen, mallard, mistle thrush, blackbird, green woodpecker, great spotted woodpecker, robin, wren, great tit, woodpigeon, carrion crows, magpies, starling. mute swans, etc.