- Jay seen by the river roding as i drove over the bridge.
- male Kestrel hunting nr the entrance to Fairlop Sailing Club
- Today's BTO garden bird survey between the hours of 10.05am till 11.05am as follows: C c1 BTO survey -
- Sparrowhawk - Failed attempt at catching a feral pigeons amongst a group from my garden.
- Blue tits - c10, House sparrows - c14, Great tits - 2, Chaffinches - 7, Greenfinches - 6, Starlings - 5 ,Feral Pigeons - c10, Magpie - 1, Robin - 1, Woodpigeon - 1 immature, Plus - Squirrels - c3
- Just before the survey, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Collared Doves, Dunnock.
- Also after survey: Starling flock seen at 12.05pm of probably around 100 or so seen flying overback gardens in a muraration gathering before heading off towards Barkingside direction.
- Also Goldfinches - 2, Magpies - 2, Lesser Blacked Backed Gulls -2 (Alan Thomas)
Epping Forest: (just outside the borough)
- A good afternoon in the forest yesterday with 2 Firecrests and a Brambling near Strawberry Hill/Earl's Path Ponds (on the path that leads north-east from theponds towards Lost Pond),
- a Buzzard at Fairmead Bottom,
- a Kingfisher on Strawberry Hill Pond
- and a total of 97 Mandarins (72 on Lost Pond, 8 on Baldwin's Pond, 15 on Strawberry Hill Pond and 2 on Earl's Path Pond). (Ian Woodward)
- Garden sightings (off Tomswood Hill)
- our first sighting of Greater Spotted Woodpecker on a coconut/fat feeder.
- 4+ Coal Tits,
- also house sparrow, Dunnock, Chaffinch, Robin, Blue and Great Tit, as well as Wood Pigeons, Collared Doves and Magpies. (Eddie Barnes).
Loughton Brook: (just outside the borough)
- Little Egret; Kingfisher; Grey Wagtail. (BJ)
Highams Park Lake: (just outside the borough)
- 14 Pochard, 14 Moorhen, 16 Canada Goose, 3 Grey Heron, 4 Gadwall, 44 Mallard,
- 6 Cormorant, 6 Shoveler, 6 Tufted Duck, 67 Coot, 90 Black Headed Gull (Pat Murrell)
- 2 Ring Necked Parakeets visited our Garden (first time for 8 years) Brian Davies