- Birding in the rain... wat fun!
- 3 Teal, family Pochard, few Tufted Duck, 3 Families of Little Grebe including 4 newly hatched on the south side of Painters Road.
- 18 Lapwing (couldnt locate the flock), 8 Green Sandpiper, 3 Common Sandpiper and the first returning (or migrating) Snipe!
- few Stock Dove flushed
- female Kestrel
Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Sparrowhawk - 1 Male seen doing a fly by twice which scattered some feral pigeons from our garden - Hurray!
- Great Spotted Woodpecker - One of two immature woodpeckers which visits daily.
- Goldfinches -3, Greenfinches - 6, Chaffinches - 5, Blue Tits - 7, Great Tits - 3, Blackbird - 1 female, House Sparrows - 12, Robins - 2, Starlings - 2, Collared Doves - 2, Magpie - 1, Woodpigeon - 1, Feral Pigeons - 10 Arrgh!!
- Swifts - 12 flying & drifting around quite high over back gardens.
- Plus - Common Pipistrelle Bat flying around back gardens from around 9.40pm last night....Normally a daily visitor around our way but I had not seen itfor a couple of days so glad to see it's around again!
- 2 Kingfisher
- pair of Grey Wagtail
- 3 Little Egrets
- 2 pairs of Mute Swans with 6 and 8 cygnets
- pr Great Crested Grebes (Stephen Thorpe)
Woodford Green, Sunset Avenue:
- Ring Necked Parakeet seen flying over the garden (also seen once last week) (Ann Westland)
Woodford Green, garden:
- 1 juv Great Spotted Woodpecker (very regular visitor to the feeders)
- Around 20 juv blue tits
- 1 juv wren
- 10 greenfinch
- 4 juv goldfinch
- (swifts in our roof have departed) (PWarne)
Highams Park Lake: (just outside the borough)
- pair of Great Crested Grebe with 2 young (SThorpe)
Epping Forest, Connaught Water: (just outside the borough)
- pr Great Crested Grebe (SThorpe)