- Grey Heron (outstanding views of it in the large pond, including catching 4 fish right in front of me),
- Moorhens (in small pond; adult, juvenile from brood earlier in year, and juvenile from recent brood) (AHobson)
Fairlop Gravel Works:
- c10 Teal, c10 Pochard, c10 Tufted Duck,
- 8 Grey Heron
- 3 families of Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe
- 20 Black Headed Gull, 20 Lesser Black Backed Gull
- c100 Lapwing, 6 Green Sandpiper, 5 Common Sandpiper
- 2 Swallow
- 2 Kestrel (1male, 1female), 1 female Sparrowhawk
- 10+ Stock Dove
- 2 Whitethroat
- 20+ Goldfinch, 7 Linnet
- Great Crested Grebe
- Common Tern
- Yellow Wagtail (boating lake) (DEH)
Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Female Sparrowhawk - Seen crashing into our tree around 3.20pm which sentall the birds packing then it went into neighbours tree briefly before their teenage son came out weaving a stick & singing that pop song wave your flag...Annoying little git!
- Greenfinches - Flock of up to 25 mixture of adults & Juveniles on last count, probably more hidden amongst foliage in tree & shrubs elsewhere.
- 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker
- 17 House Sparrows - counted probably more about but couldn't be bothered in the end.
- 10 Blue tits, 7 Great tits, 6 Chaffinches, 2 Goldfinches - 1 Adult & 1 Juvenile, 2 Robins, 2 Magpies, 4 Starlings, 1 Woodpigeon, 8 Feral Pigeons
- Wren - Heard singing earlier during the morning.
- 1 Swift - Seen Flying around at 12.34pm just below clouds around back gardens for a couple of minutes before heading into the distance...Definitely not part of the Gants Hill Swift posse who left roughly around a week ago - There's always one straggler! (AThomas)
Ilford Golf Course:
- Osprey over in the afternoon (Birdguides)
- (this is the first Osprey sighting in the borough this year... last year there were 2 sightings, 1 in May, and 1 in August)
- 3 Great Crested Grebe (2 ad, 1 juv), Little Grebe
- 3 Pochard (2m, 1f)
- Grey Heron (GWare)
- SSSI area: 20+ Whitethroat (some in a feeding party with tits)
- 2 Lesser Whitethroat
- 12 Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, 2 Dunnock, 3 Wren (THarris)
- 1 Wheatear, (first returning bird)
- 9 Swift through, House Martin,
- 3 Mistle Thrush,
- 2 Kestrel.
- 3 Swift, 2 House Martin,
- c40 Long tailed Tits,
- 7 Chiffchaff, 25+Blue Tit, 20 Great Tit,
- 10 Little Grebe etc (S Fisher)