Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Juvenile Sparrowhawk - With its dark motted brown back seen bursting into tree at speed before noon scattering the numerous birds then flying into neighbours tree hiding for around 15 minutes when 5 Greenfinches nearly made the mistake of landing just above it but obviously realizing danger below & flying away promptly...Surprise attacks are picking up regularly whether I see then or not due to sheer numbers of birds now attending the garden most recently.
- Several lots of House Sparrows - a lot hidden amongst our blackberry shrubs near back of garden & also around the shurbs near pond area.
- 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 17+ Greenfinches, 5 Goldfinches, 10 Blue Tits, 4 Great Tits, 5 Chaffinches, 2 Robins, 1 Collard Dove, 1 Wren - Heard singing before surprise attack on garden birds.
- 1 Woodpigeon, 10 Feral Pigeons (Alan Thomas)
Roding Valley Park, north:
- north of the Chigwell Road Bridge, Woodford Bridge
- new family of Mallard (3rd family on this stretch of the river)
- Wren (AHobson)
- Buzzard flying NE from Forest Gate (Marco Johnson)