Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Juvenile Sparrowhawk - Back once again seen at 3.55pm with another unsuccessful surprise attack - poor thing!
- Great Spotted Woodpecker, Willow Warbler - Midst Small Greenfinch flock.
- Cormorant - 1 over back gardens.
- Plus usual array of garden birds. (Alan Thomas)
- (07:00-09:00; 12:00-14:30): 2 Wheatear, 2 Whinchat (m, and f pm),
- Robin, Blackbird, Song Thrush, flocks of 14, 16 and finally 24 Mistle Thrush,
- 6 Meadow Pipit, 4 Skylark,
- 4+ Blackcap, 10+ Whitethroat, 3 Willow Warbler, 6+ Chiffchaff, 2+ Lesser Whitethroat (hurrah for tit flocks!),
- 4 House Martin,
- 8 Collared Dove (some kind of record surely?), 4 Stock Dove, Wood Pigeon,
- Kestrel, 4 Sparrowhawk (including 1 juv calling ffrom the cemetry),
- 7 Cormorant, 100+ Black-headed Gull (inc. 81 in Alex day roost), 4 Common Gull, 10 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Herring Gull, Little Grebe, Jay, Jackdaw etc. (42 species - no sign of the Wheatear in the afternoon) (Nick Croft, Stuart Fisher, Jonathan Lethbridge)
- (09:00-12:00): Hobby (Reservoir Wood also, 2 on the White Tower, Bush Wood- JL), 2 Sparrowhawk, Kestrel,
- Common Sandpiper (Heronry), 2 Little Egret (R. Roding - one doing the feet paddly thing to great success),
- flock of c20-30 Sand/House Martins (Heronry - mainly Sand),
- c.10+ Willow Warbler (1 singer), c.10+ Blackcap (more than 1 sotto singer), 10+ Whitethroat, 2 + immaculate Lesser Whitethroat, 10+ Chiffchaff (mainly down the old sewage farm, but hurrah for tit flocks!), Chaffinch, 3 Goldfinch, Greenfinch,
- 5 Tufted Duck, 1 Shoveler, Little Grebe,
- Kingfisher (Perch Pond), 2 Stock Dove, 6 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 10+ Black Headed Gull,
- 6 Ring-necked Parakeet, 4 Cormorant, Jay, Jackdaw etc. (Nick Croft, Stuart Fisher and all too briefly Jonathan Lethbridge)