- 2 Jackdaw by Broadmead Housing office at 7.30am
- Jackdaw near the Castle, 3pm
Barkingside Recreational Ground:
- 7 Starlings, 8 Wood Pigeon and 1 Stock Dove on the grass (Alan Thomas)
- pair of Blackbird
- 2 Blue Tits seen, others heard singing in the trees.
- 2 Wren, and 1 adult Robin seen (others heard)
- Fledged Robin on the path
- 4 Long Tailed Tits seen, others heard in the same flock.
- Great Tits.
- Chaffinches and Greenfinches heard, but not seen.
- Collared Doves on the lamp column just outside the park
- 6 Swifts, above Kenwood Gardens (Alan Thomas)
- Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Coot, Moorhen and Tufted Duck on the main lake
- at least 6 familes of Mallard Duck, 3 Canada Geese families, and 3 Greylag Geese families around the main lake.
- Swifts and Swallows over the lake (less Swifts than of recent)
- Green Woodpecker flying over the golf course.
- female Kestrel hovering near the stables
- Large number of Wood Pigeon including fledged young, and a pair of Stock Dove near the stables.
- be careful when identifying Stock Doves among the Wood Pigeons, as juvenile Wood Pigeons do not have the white collar.
- Good numbers of Whitethroat, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler around the reserve.
- Also: Blackcap, 2 singing Song Thrush, Robin, Wren, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit and at least 4 Reed Buntings.
- Mute Swan, Tufted Ducks and a brood of Canada Geese (with 5 young) on the scrape.
- 2 Corn Bunting, up to 8 Skylark iuncluding at least 3 fledged young on the field between the scrape and the Gravel Workings.
- 3 Linnet over the plain
Fairlop Gravel Works:
- Whitethroat, Blackcap, Chaffinch and Willow Warbler around the north site.
- Lots of Blackbird, Robins and Wrens singing.
- Mute Swan still on nest, Canada Geese, Great Crested Grebe, Tufted Duck, pair of Shoveler, Coot and Moorhen, and at least 2 familes of Mallard (one with 10 ducklings)
- 2 pairs of Lapwing on nests, and looking after chicks.
- at least 2 Sedge Warblers, and a Reed Warbler singing in the reeds/thicket areas around the north site.
- 2 Grey Heron on the south site,
- pair of Shelduck still present.
- Mallard with 9 ducklings at the far end.
- a few Pied Wagtails, (less than of recent)
- 2 Little Ringed Plovers seen (others head)
- pair of Lapwing
- 1 Snipe flushed (very late... perhaps breeding???)
- also, 1 very late migrating Greenshank in summer plumage, calling.
- several singing Skylark, and a few calling Pheasant.
- Chiffchaff calling from Hargreaves Scout Camp