- Mute Swan, pr Greylag Geese, many Canada Geese, Mallard, Coot & Moorhen
- about 40 Tufted Duck and 2 male Pochard
- Carrion Crow busy nestbuilding
- 2 pairs of Blackbird nestbuilding
- pair of Mistle Thrush taking worms to the nest
- severel Greenfinches
- Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker calling
- pair of Stock Dove copulating (female playing very hard to get!)
- Also: Wood Pigeon, Feral Pigeon, Collared Dove, Robin, Great Tit, Blue Tit
- 30 or so Black Headed Gulls (some still in winter plumage) and a few 1st winter Common Gulls
- Great Tit, Blue Tit, Greenfinch and Goldfinch all singing on Broadmead estate at 7.30am
- Pied Wagtail on the roof of Lloyds TSB on Cranbrook Road.
- Grey Heron over Tomswood Hill, towards Claybury Park.
Fairlop Gravel Works:
- Evening visit to the Gravel Works Site 6-7pm
- 1 Cormorant (over)
- 2 Grey Herons fishing.
- a few Lapwing making quite a lot of noise displaying in the Works site north of Painters Road (no access).
- 4 Snipe, 3 (possibly 5) Green Sandpiper, 4 Redshank and 4 Little Ringed Plover on the works site on the south side of Painters Road.
- 2 Green Woodpecker calling.
- 2 Little Owls (calling from the nesting site)
- 4 Skylark (2 displaying), c20 Meadow Pipit, (several displaying), 4 Linnet, and a flock of about 70 Pied Wagtails!
- 20 Teal, 4 Mute Swan, Canada Goose, Tufted Duck, Moorhen & Coot.
- 2 Shelduck still present (possibly a third present, but may have been 1 of the pair flying over, if it flew back undetected (by me)
- 1 Water Pipit. (This was identified by Alan Hobson yesterday, it was in transition to summer plumage, pinkish belly, clear broad eye stripe).
- 2 juvenile Common Gulls.
- 1 male Pheasant. (DEH)
- Goshawk over the gravel works (jessies visible indicate escaped bird) (AAB)
Loxford Lane, Ilford:
- Cormorant (over) (JMak)
- a pair of Shoveler on Ornamental Waters (Paul Ferris)
- Ring Necked Parakeet in the Grove (PF)
- 2 Swallow over the main lake (first of the year) (Steve Bacon)
- Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, 22 Tufted Duck, (CIS)
- 5 Linnet, 3 Green Woodpecker, 3 Chiffchaff (CIS)
Connaught Water: (just outside the borough)
- Little Grebe, 2 Great Crested Grebe, 4 Teal, 14 Shoveler, 25 Tufted Duck, 3 Mandarin, 2 Wood Duck. (LH)
- 3 Green Woodpecker, 6 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 4 Song Thrush, Blackcap, 3 Chiffchaff, 3 Goldcrest. (LH)
Barking Park: (just outside the borough)
- 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker (L&PV)