- St. Pauls pond this morning.... A lot less Mallards than usual, and the Canada Geese were not around either, a few Moorhens though.
- Pair of Mute Swan, plenty of Canada Geese, Mallards, Coot, Moorhen, and Tufted Duck on Alexandra Lake, also 2 pairs of Shoveler, and a pair of Little Grebes now in full summer plumage.
- over 100 Carrion Crows on the playing field.
- 2 Skylarks dispalying between the lake and Capel Road,
- 1 Chiffchaff singing near the lake.
- Also: small flock of Starlings, Stock Dove, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, Magpie, Greenfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit.
- a pair of Mallard Ducks trying to cross Chigwell Road, near Broadmead estate.
- Grey Heron flew accross the A406 in the direction of Wanstead Park, where it landed out of sight.
- Kestrel hunting over the main entrance
Highams Park Lake: (just outside the borough)
- 20 or so Canada Geese, lots of Mallards and Tufted Ducks, Coots and Moorhens.
- 2 pairs of Great Crested Grebes, (one of which was guarding an empty nest)
- 1 pair of Mandarin Duck
- 2 Grey Herons, 1 Grey Wagtail and a Cormorant
- Great Tits, Blue Tits, Greenfinches.
Connaught Water: (just outside the borough)
- Mandarin Ducks, Wood Ducks (4 reported yesterday) and a male Red Crested Pochard. (JL)