- male Blackcap singing
- Chaffinch, Wren (Barbara J)
Ilford, River Roding:
- By the A406 junction, there was a Little Grebe on the River.
- 7am - 90+ redwings near the upper lake. I counted 50 on the ground and there were dozens in the trees all round - it was incredibly noisy, like being in a giant aviary. 10 minutes later they'd all gone.
- Grey Heron, 4 Cormorants
- Jay, Jackdaw
- Grey Wagtail
- 3 Mistle Thrush
- 8 Pochard, 2 Egyptian Geese
- Chaffinch, 3 House Sparrows (Barbara J)
- 5pm, Grey Wagtail still around (long water)
- quite a few Mallards up in the trees!
- Song Thrush and Mistle Thrush both around the mansion (DEH/TLachhar)
- Kingfisher still at the end of the brook (PHopkins)
- Goldcrest (RSh)
- Today - frosty and misty over water
- 3 pairs of Ring Necked Parakeet, 2 roosting together by tree from last year, 2 more actively nest prospecting (record shot attached), + 2 more
- Great Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker
- 2 Cormorants, Grey Heron
- Song thrush - at least 3 singing in close range
- Blue tits, Long Tailed Tits, Great Tits, Wren, Robin, Chaffinch, Blackbird, Jay, Carrion Crows, Jackdaw, Magpies, Woodpigeon, Coots, Moorhens, Black Headed Gulls, Tufted Ducks, Mallards, Canada geese. (Sally Hammond)
- 2 Great Crested Grebes on the Basin (JLethbridge)
- Great Black Backed Gull south-east at 07:22, 3 Herring Gull, 2 ad Lesser Black Backed Gulls east, 100s of Black Headed and Common Gulls.
- 2 Reed Bunting (1m, 1f) ,
- 18 Skylark (5 in song display flight), 2 Meadow Pipit,
- 12 Fieldfare. Also the SUN! (J Lethbridge).
Barking, River Roding: (just outside the borough)
- 2 Litle Grebe just south of the Ibis Hotel