- 5 Shoveler
- 2 Lesser Black Backed Gull, 2 Herring Gull (Steve West)
Fairlop Gravel Works:
- 4 Shelduck still (2 pairs)
- 11 Gadwall, 15 Shoveler, 22 Tufted Duck
- Little Grebe
- male Pheasant
- 24 Stock Dove
- Green Woodpecker
- 15 Lapwing, 2 Green Sandpiper, 3 Redshank
- 20+ Pied Wagtail (possibly a lot more)
- singing Skylark
- 25 Linnet
Gants Hill, Roll Gardens:
- Grey Heron low over my garden
- Great Spotted Woodpecker (Tajinder Lachhar)
- Grey Herons are nesting on the Fish Pond island!... this is exciting! have a look at this article by Paul Ferris of Wanstead Wildlife so see why we are so excited about 1 pair of Grey Herons!
- The juvenile Mute Swans had to be rescued last week from their parents, unfortunately, one later died.
- 2 Egyptian Geese.
- The Grey Herons have been seen copulating.
- Mute Swan Pair no.2 are stiil on the Long Water and have made a half- hearted attempt at building a nest on the island. (PHopkins)
- 20 Skylark, 8 Meadow Pipit
- Reed Bunting (Tim Harris)
Leyton Flats: (just outside the borough)
- **Alpine Swift** showing well over Hollow Pond at 9.30am (Gary James)
- still present at 12.20 (JLethbridge)