weather: 6C, showers
- 56 BlackHeaded Gulls (TLachhar)
- c50 Wood Pigeon feeding on the grass
- 2 Fieldfare flew out of the park and went to Tesco (well, a tree in the Tesco carpark)
- 8 Pochard
- a charm of 23 Goldfinches by the boating lake (5pm) (DEH)
- Valentino the Mediterranean Gull is still around. Summer plumage almost there, just a very small pale patch over the bill. Around 150 gulls throughout park, many taking advantage of the waterlogged grass, but Valentino normally on Boating Lake, or small area of grass near bridge.
- Pair of Gadwall on Fishing Lake, not unusual, but a beautifully understated bird.
- Mistle Thrushes very vocal.
- No nesting behaviour from Egyptian Geese. (PHopkins)
- 23 Wood Pigeon
- Starling by far the most numerous species
- 3 Siskin (on feeders now)
- 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker
- 3 Blackbird
- 2 Jackdaw, 2 Jay
- 1 Chaffinch (f), 10 Greenfinch, 1 Goldfinch
- Song thrush going through the full repertoire of its song sheet (PWarne)