- at least 4 Waxwing feeding in the hedges east of the Sailing Club entrance, with a flock of Redwings midday today (SBacon)
Roding Valley Park:
- 3 Song Thrushes, Goldfinch, one lone Long-tailed Tit and flock of Long-tailed Tits, at least 2 Common Gulls among lots of Black-headed Gulls (AHobson)
- 9 Mute Swan, 19 Mallard, 3 Coot, 31 Canada Goose (Jub), 2 Reed Bunting, 8 Long-tailed Tit, 2 Goldcrest (SSSI), Pochard, 4 Tufted Duck, 6 Shoveler (Alex) (J Lethbridge), Fieldfare, 2 Cormorant, Grey Heron, Pied Wagtail, 3 Meadow Pipit (NC).
- 1 Woodcock (over Dell wood NE), 2 Snipe (1 Res Wood - JL, 1 Dell - NC),
- 41 Pochard, 55 + Gadwall, 22 Shoveler, 21 Tufted Duck, 2 Egyptian Goose (doing it!), 3 Teal (1f Res Wood - JL, 2 R Roding - NC), 3 Wigeon (2m, R Roding just below footbridge),
- Water Rail (top of Perch showing nicely and earlier calling/screaming whatever!),
- 11 Little Grebe (6 Heronry, 4 Roding and 1 Ornamental Waters),
- possibly up to 60+ Siskin (2 or 3 flocks buzzing round the park), lots of Chaffinch, Bullfinch (OSW),
- 10 Redwing, Song Thrush, Coal Tit and the other usuals, Kestrel and Sparrowhawk (49 sp NC/JL).
- 25 Siskin in my garden (PWarne)